To support the achievement of these priorities, we continue to focus on eight key activities:
- Strategic direction: We provide strategic direction, in partnership with APS agencies, on whole-of-APS capability, integrity and workforce matters to ensure the APS is ready for future demands.
- Policy and guidance: We develop, implement, maintain and reform policy and guidance to support the APS to have a unified and effective approach on matters such as integrity, diversity and inclusion, temporary mobility, and workforce management.
- Learning and development: We enable learning and development opportunities through important initiatives, such as the APS Academy.
- Information: We collect and share important information about the APS.
- Collaboration: We facilitate collaboration between APS agencies, between the APS and other domestic and international government agencies, and between the APS and the private sector.
- Platforms and services: We provide key, APS-wide platforms and services that support efficiency and collaboration between APS agencies.
- Advice and assistance: We provide advice and assistance to agencies and our foreign partners on public service matters.
- Strategic support: We provide strategic and secretariat support to key forums to enable them to effectively deliver outcomes that prepare the APS for the future.