Shaping the APS workforce
- Support the Government’s Reform Agenda.
- Foster an APS workforce that reflects the diversity of the Australian population.
- Support and guide workforce planning capability and practices.
- Improve the quality of talent management practices across the APS.
Modernising the employment framework
- Partner with agencies to achieve compliance with the government’s bargaining policies.
- Work with and influence agencies to modernise the APS employment framework and practices.
- Lead effective reform of APS employment management policies.
Building workforce capability
- Build digital capability in the APS by partnering with the Digital Transformation Agency.
- Strengthen leadership and core capabilities by providing contemporary learning solutions.
- Support agencies to improve their workplace relations skills and performance.
- Promote best practice workforce planning to encourage effective monitoring and reporting on APS capability.
- Promote a high standard of integrity in the APS.
- Evaluate agency approaches to incorporate and uphold the APS values.
- Monitor, review, evaluate, and report on APS workforce management policies and practices.
- Work with other governments on matters relating to public sector workforce management.
The objectives and measures listed in the 2018–19 Corporate Plan reflect our functions as required under the Public Service Act 1999 and Administrative Arrangement Orders. They also capture the 2018–19 Portfolio Budget Statements performance criteria.