The toolkit draws on the work of a range of APS agencies including the Attorney-General's Department, the Australian National Audit Office and the Australian Commission for Law Enforcement Integrity. Key resources and references are listed here.
APS Values and Code of Conduct
- APS Values and Code of Conduct in Practice (Australian Public Service Commission)
- Ethics Advisory Service (Australian Public Service Commission)
- Handling Misconduct (Australian Public Service Commission)
Conditions of engagement
- Citizenship in the APS (Australian Public Service Commission)
- Conditions of engagement (Australian Public Service Commission)
- Probation: The legislative framework (Australian Public Service Commission)
Conflict of interest
- APS Values and Code of Conduct in Practice, Section 5 (Australian Public Service Commission)
- General duties of officials (Department of Finance)
- Lobbying Code of Conduct (Department of the Prime Minister and Cabinet)
- Australian Standard AS 4811:2006–Employment Screening (Standards Australia)
- Australian Standards HB 323:2004–Employment Screening Handbook (Standards Australia)
Fraud and corruption
- Organised Crime in Australia 2014-15 (Australian Crime Commission)
- Commonwealth Fraud Control Framework, including the Fraud Rule, Fraud Policy and Fraud Guidance (Attorney-General's Department)
- Corruption Prevention Toolkit (Australian Commission for Law Enforcement Integrity)
- Fraud Control in Australian Government Entities: Better Practice Guide (Australian National Audit Office)
- Identifying and managing people of security concern—integrating security, integrity, fraud control and human resources (Attorney-General's Department)
- Managing the Insider Threat to your Business—A personnel security handbook (Attorney-General's Department)
Integrity framework – Department of Immigration and Border Protection
- Crimes Act 1914 and Criminal Code Act 1995
- Privacy Act 1988
- Public Governance, Performance and Accountability Act 2013
- Public Interest Disclosure Act 2013
- Public Service Act 1999
- Australian Privacy Principles Guidelines (Office of the Australian Information Commissioner)
Public Interest Disclosure
- Public Interest Disclosure Scheme (Commonwealth Ombudsman)
- Commonwealth Risk Management Policy (Department of Finance)
- Agency personnel security responsibilities (Attorney General's Department)
- Australian Government personnel security protocol (Attorney General's Department)
- Australian Government personnel security core policy (Attorney General's Department)
- Ongoing Personnel Security Management—Aftercare (Australian Government Security Vetting Agency)
- Vetting Practices (Attorney-General's Department)
Australian Human Rights Commission (2012). On the record: Guidelines for the prevention of discrimination in employment on the basis of criminal record. Commonwealth of Australia.
Cappelli, D. M., Moore, A. P., Trzeciak, R. F., Shimeall, T. J. (2009). Common Sense Guide to Prevention and Detection of Insider Threats, Version 3.1, Carnegie Mellon University.
Colwill, C. (2009). Human factors in information security: The insider threat - Who can you trust these days? In Information Security Technical Report, November 2009.
McCormac, A., Parson, K. and Butavicius, M. (2012). Preventing and Profiling Malicious Insider Attacks. Defence Science and Technology Organisation, Australia.
Silowash, G., Cappelli, D., Moore, A., Trzeciak, R., Shimeall, T., and Flynn, L. (2012). Common Sense Guide to Mitigating Insider Threats, 4th Edition.
Victorian Public Service Commission (2015). Integrity in Recruitment Guidance Note.