Questions have been posed throughout this document which are designed to help readers consider the issues raised. The questions on which views are sought are as follows:
- Are the proposed principles sound?
- Do they reflect an appropriate balance between the interests of the complainant; the person alleged to have breached the Code of Conduct; the agency; and the public?
- Are there any unintended consequences that may arise from the application of these principles?
- Are there cases of which agencies are aware where the proposed principles would not apply, or would be impracticable?
- Is the proposed supporting guidance practical?
- What other information would be useful for agencies to help them implement the proposed principles?
- What other information do complainants need to know about how privacy in relation to complainants of misconduct are handled generally in the APS?
- Do the proposed principles and the supporting guidance together provide a sound framework for deciding what information to disclose following a complaint of a breach of the Code of Conduct?