Suitable for: APS 5 - EL 1 (Recommended target audience may vary outside the ACT)
Duration: 1-day workshop
Venue: APS Learning Centre, Canberra
Price: $675.00 (excl. GST)
Dates: 9 July, 12 October (Canberra)
Registration: APS Learn
Contact:nationalcalendarteam [at] apsc.gov.au ( )
Executive assistants are an essential part of the APS workforce. As the face of the executive team and the first point of contact for internal and external clients, executive assistants provide a critical support role for senior management and are fundamental to ensuring that the wheels of government run smoothly. Ensuring that the EA/SES partnership is efficient and effective improves overall productivity of the work unit.
This program will provide you with a solid understanding of the APS environment, knowledge of how to maximise your organisational and interpersonal skills as well as helping to hone your technical skills. You will be provided with a suite of additional tools to achieve your full professional potential.
Through an interactive format, you will learn about the business context of the APS as well as develop skills and share high-value work practices required to effectively provide professional executive assistance. A range of approaches will be used, including personal self-awareness tools, presentations from an experienced senior executive assistant, group work activities and presentations.
On completion of the program, you will have:
- Tapped into the experiences of an experienced senior executive assistant.
- Developed a sophisticated and enhanced practical understanding of what it takes to be an effective executive assistant in the APS.
- Developed insights into your personal thinking and communication style.
- Gathered some practical tools to help manage the role effectively and to support good decision-making in the APS.
- Explored career development opportunities to enhance your career in the APS
- One-day workshop.