Agencies may wish to use this guidance to develop their own protocols or procedures for dealing with unacceptable online conduct, either as stand-alone policies or as components of existing policies on social media or dealing with difficult clients.
Such policies or procedures may wish to refer to:
- the potential impact of cyber-bullying on the health of APS employees, taking into account agencies' and managers' responsibilities under the Work Health and Safety Act 2011 (‘the WH&S Act’)
- security issues raised by cyber-bullying
- arrangements for reporting instances of cyber-bullying
- providing advice and support to employees who are the target of cyber-bullying
- managing inappropriate conduct by members of the public online, including by:
- monitoring and keeping records of online comments
- evaluating online comments
- responding to online comments
- reducing the risk of cyber-bullying
- legal mechanisms for addressing cyber-bullying.
Refer to the Resources List.