Certificate III in Government - NextStep
The Certificate III in Government provides participants with the necessary skills for entry level roles in the public sector. Successful completion of this course will provide participants with the skills to engage with internal and external stakeholders, apply best practice in ethical and legislative standards, and develop sound decision making and problem solving skills.
All participants will undertake mandatory training of a 12-month period, with a combination of theoretical, practical and on the job learning. McMillan Training in collaboration with the APSC will centrally coordinate the training. Formed in 1989, McMillan Staff Development has been delivering nationally recognised business qualifications for over 20 years.
This program will support our participants in a safe and sensitive environment to successful complete their Certificate III in Government. Reasonable adjustments and alternative assessment methods can be provided to all participants in the NextStep program.
- Uphold the values and principles of public service
- Work effectively with diversity
- Use workplace communication strategies
- Comply with legislation in the public sector
- Maintain workplace safety
- Work effectively in the organisation
- Contribute to workgroup activities
- Organise workplace information
- Contribute to conflict management
- Contribute to effective workplace relationships
- Support continuous improvement systems and processes
- Contribute to team effectiveness
- Design and produce business documents
By the end of this qualification participants will be able apply a range of methods, tools, materials and information to:
- use an extensive range of workplace communication strategies for engaging confidently with internal and external clients
- maintain professional working relationships with colleagues including cooperating with others in the workplace
- resolve situations which pose ethical problems or refer them in accordance with organisational and legislative guidelines
- improve decision-making processes used in problem solving