Suitable for: All SES, especially those leading and enabling government products, processes and services in their agency.
Time commitment: Total 4 days consisting of:
- Digital Mindset Assessment and debrief (mandatory pre-requisite for attending the program)
- Self-directed Learning including short pre-program reading
- 1 day event – Digital Disruption Day
- OPTIONAL 3 day event – Digital Leadership Immersion
Venue: Canberra. Venue information will be provided on confirmation of registration
Price: This program is fully funded as part of the Building Digital Capability program
Digital Disruption Day (one day)
- 25 September 2018 (enrolment closes 13 August 2018)
- 9 October 2018 (enrolment closes 27 August 2018)
- 11 October 2018 (enrolment closes 27 August 2018)
- 30 October 2018 (enrolment closes 25 September 2018)
Leading Digital Transformation Digital Leadership Immersion (three days)
- 23-25 October 2018 (enrolment closes 9 October 2018)
- 6-8 November 2018 (enrolment closes 23 October 2018)
- 20-22 November 2018 (enrolment closes 6 November 2018)
*Attendance at a Digital Disruption Day is a prerequisite for attending the Digital Leadership Immersion
Phone: 02 6202 3765
Email: leadership [at] apsc.gov.au
Leading digital transformation is integral to the Government’s Digital Transformation Agenda. All SES leaders are responsible for leading and enabling digital transformation and change through improved products, processes and services. This program will enable you to recognise and prioritise opportunities to transform your agency to deliver digital experiences and value to evolving expectations of citizens, business and other users of government services.
This immersive and experiential program will provide you with the knowledge, skills and tools to support you to confidently lead and enable digital transformation in your agency.
The program comprises
- Phase one: a Digital discovery package which can be completed at your own pace. It consists of a Digital Leadership Mindset Assessment and debrief which will guide your self-directed learning
- Phase two: a one-day event – Digital disruption Day – you and your agency; will enable you to lead and drive digital transformation in your agency. You will be joined by expert speakers and learn about real-life digital success stories.
- Phase three: a three-day optional Digital leadership immersion. These days will empower and energise you to lead your agency’s digital transformation.
This program will support participants as they:
- Lead the movement for digital transformation
- Create public value through digital ways of working
- Create the environment for successful digital transformation
- Recognise the why, how and where to apply agile ways of working in their agency
- Mobilise the workforce to deliver digital transformation and change
- Recognise where and how to prioritise effort to create a roadmap for a digital future.
Keep up to date
Follow us on Twitter (@APS_Commission and @DTA) for Building Digital Capability updates.
What is Building Digital Capability?
The Building Digital Capability program will empower the APS with the skills and confidence to develop a digital culture and provide modern and innovative services and products to the Australian public. Building Digital Capability is a partnership between the Australian Public Service Commission and the Digital Transformation Agency.
As a result of Building Digital Capability the APS will be better skilled to support digital transformation making government services easier, cheaper and faster to use.