Indigenous SES Network
The Indigenous SES Network was established to contribute to progressing Indigenous employment and retention initiatives. The network has committed to the following goals:
- The opportunity to come together as an Indigenous SES cohort to offer cultural and strategic advice to the Secretaries Equality and Diversity Council.
- The role we can play as a collective in bringing Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander perspectives to Executive Management
- Committed to supporting Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples to forge strong careers in the APS. This includes the Indigenous SES network members, and
- Committed to working together to identify the specific areas where we can maximise our influence for the benefit of our peoples’ and for the APS.
The Indigenous SES Network is committed to driving meaningful change and providing guidance to Secretaries on issues affecting Indigenous Australians to provide a stewardship role that contributes to greater representation, retention and progression for Indigenous Australians in the Australian Public Service.
SES Steering committee membership
- Wendy Ah Chin - Co-Chair
- Kevin Brahim - Co-Chair
- Tom Calma - Special Advisor
- Damien Miller
- Robert Willmett
- Kate Thomann
The Indigenous SES Network meets several times a year:
- 8 March 2019 - Network Meeting Communiqué - PDF 443.14 KB
- 14 May 2019 - Steering Committee Communiqué - PDF 123.96 KB
- 7 September 2019
- 20 November 2019
Note: Dates are subject to change without notice