This video can also be played directly from YouTube, where safety mode can be disabled by selecting the appropriate options at the bottom of the YouTube page.
We are pleased to announce the release of the second video in the 'Leading the Way' series, 'Providing information about your disabilty'.
In response to the initiatives out of the As One—Australian Public Service Disability Employment Strategy, the Australian Public Service Commission has created an engaging and informative series of videos, 'Leading the Way', to build education and awareness around disability employment in the public service.
Each video in the series will feature a number of APS Senior Executives, Disability Champions and subject matter experts sharing their experiences, views and thoughts around the employment of people with disability and creating inclusive APS workplaces for everyone.
All enquiries in relation to the 'Leading the Way' video series of the As One—Australian Public Service Disability Employment Strategy can be directed to abilityatwork [at] apsc.gov.au
Special thanks to the following people for contributing to the The importance of providing information about your disability video:
- Carmel McGregor, Deputy Secretary (retired), Department of Defence
- Craig Farrell, First Assistant Secretary, Department of Immigration and Border Protection
- Samantha Palmer, First Assistant Secretary, Department of Health, Diversity Champion
- Carol Heijo, National Disability Access Coordinator, Department of Human Services
- Michael Pini, Senior Tax Counsel, Australian Taxation Office, Disability Champion
- Michelle Cornish, Group Manager, Department of Education, Diversity Champion
- David Parker AM, Deputy Secretary, Department of the Environment, Disability Champion
- Phillip Glyde, Deputy Secretary, Department of Agriculture, Disability Champion