Looking for a graduate opportunity?
If you are looking for a great start to your APS career and can see yourself contributing to the work we do then the Commission’s Graduate Program commencing in mid February 2020, is a great match for you. All our graduate roles are located in Canberra so you will need to be ready to commit to relocating.
About the program
We’re committed to giving our graduates high-profile, innovative and challenging opportunities to prepare them to be future leaders in the APS. Check out our video to find out more about our graduate program. Video transcript coming soon.
We offer a unique experience to work in a dynamic and supportive team environment where our graduates are made to feel like part of the team from day 1. We do this by placing our graduates in a ‘home Group’ that is best matched to their individual skills, experiences and the type of work that motivates them.
As a small agency of around 200 staff, our graduates have strong connections with our Executive. Our graduates are actively encouraged to attend senior level meetings, when relevant, to share their thoughts and ideas.
Our graduates also participate in the Graduate Development Program (GDP), designed to:
- provide you the foundation skills needed to thrive in the Australian Public Service (APS)
- challenge your thinking using interactive workshops, simulation exercises and participation in APS wide graduate events such as GradHack
- build your networks across the APS through engaging with other graduates
- support you to put into practice project management, problem solving, stakeholder management, influencing and communication skills by undertaking and presenting a major group based project
- provide opportunities for personal and professional development through mentoring and coaching relationships
- articulate to Masters programs at renowned academic institutions
About the program
Our 2020 graduates are offered:
- a starting annual salary of $60,584
- advancement to an APS4 ($66,722 per annum) on successful completion of the program
- relocation assistance if you are moving from interstate
- access to study assistance support to continue your professional development
- other generous employment conditions.