The Employment Assistance Fund, managed by the Department of Social Services, provides financial assistance for employers and individuals to purchase a range of work-related modifications and services for people with disability.
The Employment Assistance Fund may reimburse the cost of work-related modifications and services including, but not limited to:
- the cost of modifications to the physical work environment
- modifications to work vehicles
- adaptive equipment for the workplace
- information and communication devices
- Auslan interpreting
- specialist services for employees with specific learning disorders and mental health conditions
- disability awareness training
- deafness awareness training
- mental health first aid training.
Who can apply for assistance
JobAccess may be able to provide information about equipment, services and modifications and can guide you through the application process. Call a JobAccess Adviser on 1800 464 800.
The application process is designed to be flexible, simple and quick so that the person with disability gets the right assistance as soon as possible.
Workplace modification assessments
The Employment Assistance Fund also provides a free workplace assessment to help identify required modifications. The assessment will examine the workplace and any work barriers and discuss suitable modifications, services and equipment. The assessor will make a recommendation which the JobAccess service will consider prior to final approval of the application.