Suitable for: APS - EL (Recommended target audience may vary outside the ACT)
Are you tired of being misunderstood? Compelling communication provides a formula to express yourself clearly. Improve your use of both written and oral language to communicate with confidence.
Duration: Pre-registration, e-learning and 2-day workshop
Price: $1325.00 (excl. GST)
Pre-registration: Participants must complete a communication skills self-assessment activity to determine their current level of communication prior to registration. Contact the Program Manager on 02 6202 3522 or nationalcalendarteam [at] apsc.gov.au to request a copy of the skills assessment.
Dates: 16-17 October 2018 (Canberra)
Registration: APS Learn .
Contact: nationalcalendarteam [at] apsc.gov.au ( )
*This program is also delivered 'in agency'. For more information regarding terms and conditions, please contact agencytraining [at] apsc.gov.au .
Participant ratings of program:
- 83% said the program was valuable in developing their capability.
- 95% said the learning from this program is relevant to their current or future role.
You may also like:
The APS Compelling communication learning program will assist you to examine communication perspectives of complexity, relevance and timeliness. The program covers the use of language that is clear, concise, jargon-free, and easy to understand, with an emphasis on producing fit-for-purpose communication that is tailored to the audience.
You may also be interested in other communication programs which specifically target grammar, sentence structure, punctuation and/or speech writing: National learning and development calendar
- Understand the factors affecting communication.
- Recognise what is involved in successful spoken word communication.
- Draft appropriate forms of written communication for the APS environment.
- Phase 1 - e-learning and meeting with your supervisor.
- Phase 2 - Two-day workshop.
- Phase 3 - On-the-job activities.