The Australian Public Service Commissioner's Directions 2016 support APS agencies to incorporate and uphold the APS Values, conduct recruitment activities and undertaken performance management. They were last amended in July 2019.
- July 2019 amendments to the Directions
- Read the Directions
- Circular 2019/3: Amendments to the Australian Public Service Commissioner’s Directions 2016
- Circular 2016/1: Commencement of the Australian Public Service Commissioner's Directions 2016
- Performance Management in the Australian Public Service (a guide)
We have an advice line for APS HR teams. Call us for help with the 2016 Directions on 02 6202 3857 or email us at staffingpolicy [at] apsc.gov.au.
Frequently Asked Questions
Questions and answers on:
- General recruitment and selection
- Merit lists
- Non-ongoing employment
- Public Service Gazette
- Affirmative measures
- Performance management
- Assigning duties
For further information about the new Directions, HR practitioners can contact Staffing Policy on staffingpolicy [at] apsc.gov.au or 02 6202 3857.