About Com Club: Northern Territory
The Commonwealth Club of NT Regional Heads Inc, known in short as the "Com Club", provides a network forum for Regional Heads, Regional Managers and senior representatives of Australian Government agencies based in the Northern Territory. The forum offers a supportive, collegial environment to share ideas, knowledge and experience in matters relevant to the Australian Government and the broader Australian Public Service, facilitating Whole of Government interactions for better service delivery in the Northern Territory.
Com Club membership reinforces the importance of collaboration across government agencies based in the Northern Territory when responding to regional challenges. Membership has recently been extended to Northern Territory Government Heads (or their representatives) to further strengthen connection across governments servicing the needs of the Northern Territory population.
Events and conferences
Com Club events are generally held monthly and provide an opportunity for the host agency (either Commonwealth or NT) to showcase and promote their agency and its responsibilities and activities in the region to the network of members. Agencies are encouraged to nominate to host these monthly events, with an annual calendar circulated at the beginning of each year. Other 'ad hoc' events may be arranged to take advantage of visiting guest speakers.
An annual forum is also held comprising a themed event relevant to the policy environment of the North, bringing together appropriate guest speakers chosen to enhance professional development, the sharing of knowledge, and for supporting further networking opportunities.
Com Club welcomes visiting senior officials and guests to attend events and functions hosted during the year.
|Date||Host agency||Theme/Event||Key people|
Invitations will be sent prior to each event
Dates may be subject to change
|18 May||Australian Building and Construction Commission||Angeliek Peters|
|15 June||AusIndustry/Office of Northern Australia||Tim Hill|
|20 July||Department of Environment and Energy/Supervising Scientist Branch||Keith Tayler|
|17 August||Immigration and Border Protection||Rachel Houghton|
|21 September||Department of Employment
Department of Education
|19 October||Bureau of Meteorology||Todd Smith|
|16 November||AGM||Susan Briggs|
|8 December||Christmas Dinner||Committee|
2016 Census Data Seminars
Find out what the 2016 Census of Population and Housing tells us about ourselves, our communities and Australia in a free seminar near you.
The Australian Bureau of Statistics is pleased to invite you to attend a 2016 Census Data Seminar.
Find out what the 2016 Census of Population and Housing tells us about ourselves, our communities and Australia in a seminar near you.
Presenters from the Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) will discuss a wide range of topics, including:
- Key 2016 Census data results
- Data specific to the seminar location
- Uses of Census data
- Demonstrations of ABS data products.
Data specialists will also be available at the seminar for product support and guidance.
Date: Wednesday 26 July 2017
Venue: Mal Nairn Lecture Theatre, Charles Darwin University, Ellengowan Drive, Casuarina NT 0810
Register on the ABS Eventbrite page.
Who we are
Annual membership is available under the following criteria:
- Ordinary member – a person who is a Regional Manager/Head or senior representative of an Australian Government agency or Statutory Authority in the Northern Territory, or who is responsible for the activities of an Australian Government agency in the Northern Territory;
- Associate member – an Ordinary member may nominate one or more of his/her deputy or senior managers to be an Associate member of the Association;
- Social member – an Ordinary or Associate member who has left the APS, or a Northern Territory Government senior executive.
Our Committee members are:
- Convenor: Tim Hill, AusIndustry, Department of Industry
- Secretary: Susan.Briggs [at] education.gov.au (Susan.Briggs), Department of Education and Training
- Geoff Bloom, Australian Electoral Office
- Terry Coughlan, Indigenous Affairs Network, Department of the Prime Minister & Cabinet
- Todd Smith, Bureau of Meteorology
- Fiona Shalley, Australian Bureau of Statistics
- Richard McAllister, Northern Territory Government, Department of the Chief Minister
- Wendy McIntyre, Department of Prime Minister and Cabinet
- Ian Roberts, Department of Health
For further information about your local Comm Club events, how to become a member or to be included on the network's state distribution list contact:
- Tim Hill, NT Regional Manager, AusIndustry-Business Services
Phone +61 8 8923 4455 Mobile: 0434 606 781
tim.hill [at] industry.gov.au
- Susan Briggs, Director, NT State Office, Early Childhood and Child Care State Network
Phone (08) 8936 5184 / Mobile 0434 678 580
Email Susan.Briggs [at] education.gov.au