1. On 30 November 2016, a Senate Committee released a report into its inquiry into the impact of the bargaining policy. The report contains 17 recommendations. The composition of the Committee included ALP, Greens and LNP Senators.
2. A minority report was also issued by the LNP Senators of the Committee. These Senators have noted their concerns with aspects of the Committee's inquiry. They have rejected all of the recommendations made in the majority report.
3. On 1 December 2016, the Minister Assisting the Prime Minister for the Public Service confirmed that the Australian Government has no plans to adopt any of the Committee's recommendations or make any changes to the Workplace Bargaining Policy 2015.
4. A copy of the
is available on the APSC's website.
5. The APSC recently issued a series of Q&A style fact sheets to provide further information about a number of issues. This information may assist agencies in correcting some of the recent misinformation and misapprehensions about the policy.
Further information and advice
6. For further information and advice, please contact your APSC Relationship Manager or workplacerelations [at] apsc.gov.au