About the APSjobs website renewal project
The new APSjobs website will be unveiled this year, offering a contemporary online user experience for job seekers.
With a focus on the new APS tagline: Shape Australia. Create your future, the new website aims to attract a broader candidate pool and encourage all Australian citizens to explore opportunities in the APS.
New features for job seekers include:
- enhanced search functionality
- access to all advertised APS jobs, including short-term and contract roles
- tailored job alerts, with frequency determined by job seeker
Agencies will benefit from:
- the ability to promote key or hard-to-fill roles
- a reduction in manual or double-entry of roles and outcomes for placement on their home website and on the APSjobs website
- consistency in the way job advertisements are written and published.
Why is a website renewal needed for APSjobs?
In 2016, the Unlocking Potential report identified a need to improve the way the APS attracts and recruits talent. This included renewing the APSjobs website.
Who is responsible for the APSjobs website renewal?
The Australian Public Service Commission has responsibility for the APSjobs website. However, all APS agencies are involved in aligning jobs data and refreshing their approach to writing job ads.