The Australian Public Service Commission is one of five central agencies and sits within the Prime Minister and Cabinet portfolio. The Commission supports two statutory office holders: the Public Service Commissioner, who is also the agency head, and the Merit Protection Commissioner.
The overview provides a summary of the agency and its activities during 2016–17.
- Independent Auditor’s report
- Statement by the Australian Public Service Commissioner and Chief Financial Officer
- Statement of comprehensive income
- Statement of financial position
- Statement of changes in equity
- Cash flow statement
- Administered schedule of comprehensive income
- Administered reconciliation schedule
- Administered cash flow statement
- Entity resource and outcome resource statements
- Staffing profile
- Work health and safety
- Ecologically sustainable development and environmental performance
- Disability reporting mechanisms
- Information Publication Scheme
- List of requirements
Abbreviations and acronyms
Letter of transmittal
AUSTRALIAN PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSIONER
THE HON JOHN LLOYD PSM
4 October 2017
The Hon Malcolm Turnbull MP
Canberra ACT 2600
Dear Prime Minister
In accordance with section 44 of the Public Service Act 1999, I am pleased to present my annual report for the year ended 30 June 2017. My report includes the annual report of the Merit Protection Commissioner, as required by section 51 of the Act.
This report was prepared in accordance with section 44(1) of the Act, which requires that you table the report in parliament. It reflects the guidelines approved on behalf of the parliament by the Joint Committee of Public Accounts and Audit.
The report includes the Commission’s audited financial statements, prepared in accordance with the Public Governance, Performance and Accountability (Financial Reporting) Rule 2015.
In addition, I certify that I am satisfied that the Commission has prepared fraud risk assessments and a fraud control plan; has in place appropriate mechanisms for preventing, detecting incidents of, investigating or otherwise dealing with, recording or reporting fraud that meet the Commission’s needs; and has taken all reasonable measures to appropriately deal with fraud relating to the Commission.
John Lloyd PSM
Australian Public Service Commissioner