Who we are
The South Queensland AGLN committee is comprised of senior executives from a variety of APS agencies who volunteer their time to support APS leaders by providing forums for:
- leadership development
- exchanging innovative thinking, ideas, knowledge and experiences
- peer support and collegiality
- facilitating whole-of-government approaches to APS activities
- member contributions to the development of local and strategic APS initiatives
- reducing the impact of geographical isolation from national offices.
The Australian Public Service Commission (APSC), working with AGLN committees, has responsibility for the successful delivery of these events and conferences.
Our committee members are:
- Jane.Lye [at] ags.gov.au (Jane Lye) (Chair) - Australian Government Solicitors
- Karen.Anstis [at] ato.gov.au (Karen Anstis) - Australian Taxation Office
- aj.lanyon [at] abs.gov.au (Aj Lanyon) (Secretary) - Australian Bureau of Statistics
- Gerald.GRIFFIN [at] health.gov.au (Gerald Griffin) (Treasurer) - Department of Health
- Matthew.Blake [at] ato.gov.au (Matthew Blake) - Australian Taxation Office
- wayne.seekee [at] tsra.gov.au (Wayne SeeKee) - Torres Strait Regulatory Authority
- tanya.hornick [at] abs.gov.au (Tanya Hornick) - Australian Bureau of Statistics
- peter.kidby [at] industry.gov.au (Peter Kidby) (Deputy Chair) - Department of Industry, Innovation and Science
- steve.biddle [at] border.gov.au (Steve Biddle) - Department of Immigration and Border Protection
- Thomas Gilbert (Chair - Events Sub-Committee) - Department of Industry, Innovation and Science
- Michael Hair - Department of Human Services
- Kim Szandro (representative AGLN-Q NQ)
If you would like to become involved in the AGLN committee or its events, please email events [at] apsc.gov.au.
For further information about your local AGLN events, how to become a member or to be included on the network's state distribution list.
events [at] apsc.gov.au / (02) 6202 3916
South Queensland Local News
We invite submissions to share training and events that are relevant to APS staff in South Queensland on this page. Please email events [at] apsc.gov.au with your submission.