About the Australian Government Leadership Network (AGLN) South Queensland
The South Queensland AGLN committee comprises senior executives from a variety of APS agencies who volunteer their time to support APS leaders by providing forums for:
- leadership development
- exchanging innovative thinking, ideas, knowledge and experiences
- peer support and collegiality
- facilitating whole-of-government approaches to APS activities
- member contributions to the development of local and strategic APS initiatives
- reducing the impact of geographical isolation from national offices.
The Australian Public Service Commission (APSC), working with AGLN committees, has responsibility for the successful delivery of these events and conferences.
South Queensland Local News
Negotiating win-win outcomes
Executive leadership development network
Monday 8 July 2019, 3pm
111 George Street, Brisbane
$60 - Book here
The independent review of the Australian Public Service confirms we work in an increasingly complex environment of formal and informal relationships. Stronger internal and external partnerships require a fundamental shift in our mindset and approach. We need to balance an increased confidence in our role and contribution with a greater humility in how we work with others. A key skill to achieving this is the ability to influence and negotiate mutually-beneficial outcomes.
This interactive workshop will cover perspectives and approaches for negotiation and influencing and the key communication practices that enable confident and productive conversations. After, you'll have the opportunity to network with other APS executives over canapes.
Aubrey Warren is a leadership and communication coach, working with individuals and teams to develop practical leadership skills that improve performance and culture. He teaches and coaches at the QUT Graduate School of Business and is the principal of Influence 3, the Australia-New Zealand global affiliate for the Centre for Leadership Studies. Aubrey is the co-author of Conversations at Work: Creating a culture of conversation in the changing workplace.
We invite submissions to share training and events that are relevant to APS staff in South QLD on this page. Please email events [at] apsc.gov.au with your submission.
Who we are
Our committee members are:
- Jane.Lye [at] ags.gov.au (Jane Lye) (Chair) - Australian Government Solicitors
- tessa.pascoe [at] health.gov.au (Tessa Pascoe) (Secretary) - Department of Health
- simon.buckley [at] health.gov.au (Simon Buckley) (Treasurer) - Departrment of Health
- peter.kidby [at] industry.gov.au (Peter Kidby) (Deputy Chair) - Department of Industry, Innovation and Science
- thomas.gilbert [at] industry.gov.au (Thomas Gilbert) (Chair, Events sub-committee) - Department of Industry, Innovation and Science
- lisa.english [at] afsa.gov.au (Lisa English) (Events sub-committee member) - Australian Financial Security Authority
- tanya.hornick [at] abs.gov.au (Tanya Hornick) (Events sub-committee member) - Australian Bureau of Statistics
- kim.szandro [at] ato.gov.au (Kim Szandro) (AGLN-Q NQ representative) - Australian Taxation Office
- Karen.Anstis [at] ato.gov.au (Karen Anstis) - Australian Taxation Office
- aaron.benes [at] humanservices.gov.au (Aaron Benes) - Department of Human Services
- steve.biddle [at] border.gov.au (Steve Biddle) - Department of Immigration and Border Protection
- Matthew.Blake [at] ato.gov.au (Matthew Blake) - Australian Taxation Office
- kit.cameron [at] ato.gov.au (Kit Cameron) - Australian Taxation Office
- michael.hair [at] humanservices.gov.au (Michael Hair) - Department of Human Services
- charlie.kaddy [at] tsra.gov.au (Charlie Kaddy) - Torres Strait Regulatory Authority
- aj.lanyon [at] abs.gov.au (Aj Lanyon) - Australian Bureau of Statistics
- michelle.lees [at] humanservices.gov.au (Michelle Lees) - Department of Human Services
If you would like to become involved in the AGLN committee or its events, please email events [at] apsc.gov.au.