About the Australian Government Leadership Network (AGLN) New South Wales
The NSW AGLN committee comprises senior executives from a variety of APS agencies who volunteer their time to support APS leaders by providing forums for:
- leadership development
- exchanging innovative thinking, ideas, knowledge and experiences
- peer support and collegiality
- facilitating whole-of-government approaches to APS activities
- member contributions to the development of local and strategic APS initiatives
- reducing the impact of geographical isolation from national offices.
The Australian Public Service Commission (APSC), working with AGLN committees, has responsibility for the successful delivery of these events and conferences.
NSW Local News
We invite submissions to share training and events that are relevant to APS staff in NSW on this page. Please email events [at] apsc.gov.au with your submission.
AGLN Connections event, Sydney
Networking - finding valuable connections?
Networking provides opportunity to not just engage and connect with new people but also brings people together to share tactics, tools and great ideas.
Amazon Best Selling Author, Duncan Fish will be sharing his engaging and entertaining approach to networking which will provide you with some great tips to:
- Make a great first impression and be a presence in the room
- Master small talk at networking events
- Develop meaningful rapport
- Capture someone's interest and leave a lasting impression.
Ms Angela McKinnon, Chair of the Australian Government Leadership Network (NSW) is pleased to invite you to the NSW AGLN Connections Event.
Hosted by the Department of Home Affairs
Where: Level 5, 300 Elizabeth Street, Sydney NSW
When: Wednesday 11 December 2019
Time: 3.30pm - 6.00pm
Phone: 02 8577 8923
To register for this event, email: NSWAGLN [at] nicnas.gov.au
Please register by 6th December 2019 (limited places available)
Light refreshments will be provided
You can also show your suport by donating a coin of your choice to the NSW Bush Fire Appeal.
Who we are
Our committee members include:
- angela.mckinnon [at] nicnas.gov.au (Angela McKinnon) (Chair) - National Industrial Chemicals Notification and Assessment Scheme
- warwick.austin [at] aec.gov.au (Warwick Austin) - Australian Electoral Commission
- jennifer.chynoweth [at] canceraustralia.gov.au (Jennifer Chynoweth) - Cancer Australia
- paul.shaw [at] afsa.gov.au (Paul Shaw) - Australian Financial Security Authority
- kathryn.shields [at] defence.gov.au (Kathryn Shields) - Department of Defence
- Elizabeth.Connolly [at] aat.gov.au (Elizabeth Connolly) - Administrative Appeals Tribunal
- emma.jobson [at] health.gov.au (Emma Jobson) - Department of Health
If you would like to become involved in the AGLN committee or its events, please email events [at] apsc.gov.au.