Suitable for: APS-EL
Duration: Pre-program e-learning, 1-day workshop and post-workshop activities
Venue: APS Learning Centre, Canberra
Price: $675.00 (excl. GST)
Registration: Visit APS Learn for scheduled dates and to enrol for this program
Contact: Coreskillsdevelopment [at] apsc.gov.au ( )
*This program is also delivered 'in agency'. For more information regarding terms and conditions, please contact Coreskillsdevelopment [at] apsc.gov.au.
Program rating from recent participants:
- 100% said the program was valuable in developing their capability.
- 100% said it was worth their investment of time and effort.
You may also like:
Understand the APS frameworks of legislation, regulations, policy, official directions and other guidelines. These frameworks guide the behaviour, actions and decision-making of APS employees. Scenarios and case studies are used to develop a good understanding of the interconnected nature of APS frameworks.
On completion of this program, you will be able to:
- Define the term ‘APS framework’.
- Describe the purpose and importance of frameworks in the APS environment.
- Relate frameworks to business activities to guide operations and manage risk.
- Explain how principles underpin frameworks and their implications for decision-making.
- Apply a robust decision-making process when working with frameworks.
- Assemble a suite of workplace resources to enhance your ability to work with APS frameworks.
- Phase 1 - e-learning and workplace activities.
- Phase 2 - One-day facilitated workshop to build skills and knowledge.
- Phase 3 - Application and reinforcement using on-the-job activities.