How to apply
Our streamlined application process is simple. We will ask you a few questions that gives us a chance to get to know more about you and your skills and experience and why you would be a good fit for our Graduate Program. We will also ask you to upload a current resume and provide your academic transcript. To get your application started click here
After you have submitted your application the Commission will be in touch to let you know if you have been shortlisted. Shortlisted candidates will be invited to attend an Assessment Centre in Canberra on either 25th or 26th October.
Offers of employment are expected to be made in November 2018
Our commitment to a diverse workforce
The Commission is committed to addressing the under representation of people with disability and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples in the APS. We strongly encourage candidates from these groups to apply and to identify by indicating this in the appropriate field on the application form.
We use this diversity information for statistical purposes and to assist us to improve our efforts in recruiting people from diverse backgrounds.
If you have a disability and might require a reasonable adjustment to allow you to participate in the selection process, please indicate this on your application form. We can then discuss your needs with you and offer alternative assessment methods where required. All requests for reasonable adjustment will be considered and managed in consultation with the candidate.
To be eligible for the Graduate Program you must:
- Be an Australian citizen
- Be willing to relocate to Canberra
- Have completed qualifications equivalent to a three year Australian undergraduate degree in the last five years
- Be eligible to obtain a valid Australian Government security clearance
How to apply
Our streamlined selection process is designed to find out more about you. We want to understand your motivation to work at the Commission and how you will contribute to the work we do.
Please note the key steps and expected timelines provided below. If you progress through the selection steps you will need to be available on the dates indicated.
You will be asked to upload:
- your current resume
- your academic transcript
- a short one page pitch telling us:
- what your motivation is for working at the Australian Public Service Commission
- the area of the Commission you have a particular interest in working and why
- about a time when you had to take the lead on a difficult task or situation. What went well? What strengths did you use to be successful in the situation?