How to apply
Our commitment to a diverse workforce
The Commission is committed to addressing the under representation of people with disability and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples in the APS. We strongly encourage candidates from these groups to apply and to identify by indicating this in the appropriate field on the application form.
We use this diversity information for statistical purposes and to assist us to improve our efforts in recruiting people from diverse backgrounds.
If you have a disability and might require a reasonable adjustment to allow you to participate in the selection process, please indicate this on your application form. We can then discuss your needs with you and offer alternative assessment methods where required. All requests for reasonable adjustment will be considered and managed in consultation with the candidate.
To be eligible for the Graduate Program you must:
- Be an Australian citizen
- Be willing to relocate to Canberra
- Have completed qualifications equivalent to a three year Australian undergraduate degree in the last five years
- Be eligible to obtain a valid Australian Government security clearance
How to apply
Our streamlined selection process is designed to find out more about you. We want to understand your motivation to work at the Commission and how you will contribute to the work we do.
Please note the key steps and expected timelines provided below. If you progress through the selection steps you will need to be available on the dates indicated.
Applications will be submitted online by 14 September 2017. You will be asked to upload:
- your current resume
- your academic transcript
- a short one page pitch telling us:
- what your motivation is for working at the Australian Public Service Commission
- the area of the Commission you have a particular interest in working and why
- about a time when you had to take the lead on a difficult task or situation. What went well? What strengths did you use to be successful in the situation?