Nominations are open for the 2019 Prime Minister’s Veterans’ Employment Awards.
The Awards recognise the achievements of Australian businesses and other organisations supporting the employment of veterans and partners of currently serving ADF members, as well as veterans who are using their military skills to make a difference in their civilian careers as employees or entrepreneurs.
The awards are an initiative of the Prime Minister’s Veterans’ Employment Program, which aims to raise awareness of the skills and experience that veterans can bring to the civilian workforce.
Following the success of the inaugural awards in 2018, new categories have been added so that organisations of all sizes and sectors can highlight their support for veterans’ employment.
A new entrepreneurial award has been introduced to recognise the work of veterans who are driving exciting new business ventures. The categories open for nomination are:
- Veteran Employee of the Year
- Veteran Entrepreneur of the Year
- Veterans’ Employer of the Year – Large
- Veterans’ Employer of the Year – Medium
- Veterans’ Employer of the Year – Small
- Excellence in Supporting Veterans’ Employment
- Excellence in Supporting Spouse Employment
Nominations are open until Thursday 29 November 2018 at 5:00 pm. Head to the Veterans’ Employment Program website to find out more.