Core skills programs now available in five capital cities
Want to develop your “Management in action” in Melbourne? Why not practice “Building relationships and engagement” in Brisbane?
The APSC’s most popular core skills programs are now available in five state capitals.
- Building relationships and engagement
- Building and leading high performing teams
- Coaching and developing others
- Essential writing for APS 5-6 levels
- Influencing, negotiation and persuasion
- Management in action
- Planning and managing change
- Working effectively at the APS 6 level
- Working effectively at the EL 1 level
Enrol today on APSLearn, or contact the Core Skills Development team on 02 6202 3522 for more information.
Calling all SES
The APSC is designing and piloting two initiatives to support SES in their development. SES are invited to test some early design ideas (approximately 1 – 1.5 hours of your time). At these sessions, we will ask what your experiences have been, what career support has worked well for you or others you know, and what support could work well. We’d also like to test some of our initial ideas with you.
These initiatives will focus on:
- Critical Conversations – challenging conversations that include giving and receiving constructive feedback, coaching, mentoring and development focused discussions with staff, peers and supervisors.
- Advanced Public Sector Craft – the public sector technical knowledge and skills required to optimally fulfil your responsibilities to parliament, Ministers and your agency.
Options for getting involved:
- Attend a 1.5 hour focus group (dates to be confirmed when we know your availability)
- Attend a 1 hour interview at a time that is convenient to you (we can come to you, or arrange to call you)
To get involved, please contact learningdesign [at] apsc.gov.au (subject: SES%20development%20initiatives) (.)