Circular 2015/6: Update to the Australian Public Service Enterprise Award 2015
Last updated: 19 Oct 2015
This page is: current
- This circular is to inform Australian Public Service agencies of changes to the Australian Public Service Award 2015 (APS Award).
- The Fair Work Commission made the National Minimum Wage Order 2015 (the Order) on 29 June 2015 with effect from 1 July 2015. The Order increased minimum wages, including award rates, by 2.5%.
- The salaries and quantum of allowances in the APS Award have been updated accordingly. For example, the minimum hourly pay rate for an APS Level 1 employee has increased from $19.22 to $19.70.
- Agencies should assess whether these changes have an impact on the 'better off overall test' when bargaining new enterprise agreements.
- A link to the updated Award is available at https://www.fwc.gov.au/documents/
Further information and advice
- Further information on the Award is available in APSC Circular 2015/2: Introduction of the Australian Public Service Enterprise Award 2015, at http://www.apsc.gov.au/publications-and-media/circulars-and-advices/2015/circular20152.
- For further information about the Award and its application, please contact the Australian Public Service Commission at email@example.com.
19 October 2015