Circular 2008/5 - Electronic publication of the APS Employment Database Manual 2008
Last updated: 26 Jun 2008
This page is: archived
1. The purpose of this circular is to advise agencies that the revised APS Employment Database (APSED) manual 2008 is now available on the Commission's website. It replaces the previous edition issued in 2005.
2. The publication provides agencies with information about the specifications for data required for APSED, and describes in detail the codes, definitions and intended usages of the data items. It also includes information about how agencies should provide employee information to the Commission.
3. The main change relates to the way in which agencies will report data on temporary assignment to APSED. We expect that agencies will implement this change during 2008–09, and report temporary assignment using the revised method by 30 June 2009.
4. The specifications also include an updated definition of disability status that agencies should use when requesting disability status from employees. APSED contacts were advised of this update separately in 2006, and a revised template for collecting this information from employees is available on our website.
5. The revised specifications notify an additional use for APSED where the Commission may contact APS employees directly by email about training and development opportunities and provide related APS information. The Commissioner recently wrote to agency heads advising them of this additional use.
6. To assist agencies in ensuring that they comply with the Privacy Act 1988 when providing information to APSED, the Commission has prepared a document Your Privacy and APSED which is available on our website
7. The specifications publication will only be available in electronic form from the Commission’s website
8. For further information on the publication you may contact the Commission's APSED team by email email@example.com.