Office of the Merit Protection Commissioner
Last updated: 04 Jun 2014
This page is: current
The Merit Protection Commissioner is a statutory office holder who conducts independent reviews of employment actions, including promotion decisions and can provide fee for service functions that support merit including Independent Selection Advisory Committees for agency staff selection exercises.
The services provided by the Merit Protection Commissioner are delivered by staff of the Australian Public Service Commission.
APS employees are entitled to review of actions or decisions that relate to their APS employment under section 33 of the Public Service Act 1999 including a review of a promotion.
What do you want?
- I want information on promotion reviews (PRCs)
- I want to know if a review has been lodged against a promotion (promotion review notifications)
- I want information on a review of a breach of the Code of Conduct
- I want information on other types of review of action
- I want to apply for a review of action
- I want information on Independent Selection Advisory Committees (ISACs)
- I want information on Code of Conduct inquiries by the Merit Protection Commissioner