Employee engagement: helping managers create engaged and productive teams
Last updated: 01 Nov 2016
This page is: current
Building employee engagement increases productivity and innovation. It has also been linked to a reduction in absenteeism.
Employee engagement in the APS is measured using the APS Employee Engagement Model. This model measures engagement across four dimensions:
- the job performed by the employee
- the team in which they work
- their immediate supervisor, and
- the agency in which they work.
The APSC has started exploring with agencies and industry experts strategies that can be used to strengthen employee engagement and build a strong engagement culture. If you want to get involved, contact the APS Reform Design and Implementation Team by email at email@example.com.
- Unscheduled absence: A manager's perspective
- Employee engagement results from the 2016 State of the Service report
- Promoting an attendance culture: A guide for APS agencies assists agencies to identify the causes of unscheduled absences and provides strategies to address them
- Turned up and tuned in helps managers to better understand and manage workplace absence
- Fitness for duty provides advice where an APS employee is unable to perform his or her duty because of a medical condition