The APSC Panels provide agencies with a centralised approach to learning, development and business services procurement. Panel Services currently manage the following panels:
- Capability Development Panel
- Executive Search and Recruitment Panel
The Panels consist of over 250 service providers (suppliers) that have been selected through an open tender process. Panel providers include commercial firms, universities and vocational training organisations. A full list of providers can be viewed by downloading the APSC Panel Provider list.
The panel arrangements can be utilised by all levels of government including Commonwealth, state, territory and local government, offering a broad range of products and services that can be customised to meet agency specific needs.
The Key Areas of Expertise (KAEs) include, but are not limited to:
- Business Consulting Services
- Coaching Services
- Leadership, Learning and Capability Development and in-agency delivery of APS learning development calendar courses
- Recruitment Services Solutions
To view Panel Services providers by Key Areas of Expertise, refer to the following documents:
- Capability Development Panel Providers by Key Area of Expertise KAE
- About the Executive Search and Recruitment
Why use Panel Services?
Our service simplifies and streamlines your procurement process, giving you quick and simple access to a range of quality providers. Agencies can access the APSC panels with the assurance that the procurement process is consistent with the Commonwealth Procurement Rules and other relevant legislation and policy frameworks.
What are the benefits of using the Panels?
- The Panels provide value for money - the core principle underpinning Australian Government procurement.
- The costs of procurement can be kept to a minimum, with the transaction fee charged by the APSC significantly lower than the costs (both time and dollars) incurred by an agency conducting its own procurement.
- Procurement through the Panels satisfies the Commonwealth Procurement Rules, including procurements below and above the $80,000 threshold as the Panels were set up via an open approach to the market.
- Providers have been quality assured in the Request for Tender process.
- Allows customised agency specific products and services to respond to unique agency needs.
- Capped provider fees at competitive rates.
- Simple and straight forward processes through a central point of contact at the APSC.
- A professional Commission customer service team who will:
- help you identify your requirements
- provide you with proposals from your selected Panel providers
- assist with the preparation of a draft contract with your chosen provider
How to access the Panels
Access to the panels is gained through your agency entering in to a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with the Commission. To find out if your agency has access to the APSC Panels view the AusTender website:
If your agency is not listed on AusTender, just contact the Panel Services Team. We are here to provide you with all the advice and information you need about how your agency can enter into a MoU with the Commission.
If your agency already has access to the Commission's panels, accessing the service is eay as completing a Statement of Requirements form and emailing your request to our Panel Services Team.
Statement of Requirements forms
Statement of Requirements forms are available for:
- Leadership, learning and development services - in-agency training
- Business consulting services
- Coaching services
- Recruitment services
APS development calendar programs can be tailored and delivered within your agency. Contact Panel Services for the appropriate Statement of Requirements.
The Panel Services Team applies a streamlined process to assist your agency in meeting its leadership, learning, and development outcomes and core business requirements by:
- assisting you to define your agency's requirements
- ensuring you have all the required documentation to make use of the Panels
- sourcing providers in Key Areas of Expertise (KAEs), capability development and service areas
- quality checking proposals to ensure specified personnel are approved and fees comply with the deed
- providing you with evaluation documents for continuous improvement.
The How Panel Services Works flowchart gives an example of the steps usually taken when accessing the service. You can use it as a guide if you are not familiar with the Panel Services process.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
Our FAQs page gives further information about Panel Services. Alternatively, feel free to contact us directly.
Panel Services hotline
+ 61 7 3004 0725
Panel Services email address
- How Panel Services Works (161.0 KB)
- APSC Panels - Provider List (454.5 KB)
- Capability Development Panel Providers by Key Area of Expertise KAE (161.1 KB)
- Capability Development Panel Providers Key Areas of Expertise (548.4 KB)
- About the Executive Search and Recruitment Panel (142.8 KB)
- Statement of Requirements - Recruitment Services (153.7 KB)
- Statement of Requirements - Leadership Learning and Development In-Agency Training (150.6 KB)
- Statement of Requirements - Coaching Services (152.9 KB)
- Statement of Requirements - Business Consulting Services (148.7 KB)
- AusTender website SON200003
- AusTender website SON393566
- Business Consulting Services
- Coaching Services
- eLearning Support Services and Solutions Panel
- Finance website - Advertising – Campaign and Non-Campaign
- Finance website - Buying for the Government
- Finance website - Commonwealth Procurement Rules
- Finance website - Whole of Government Contracts
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Integrated Leadership System (ILS)
- Leadership, Learning and Development services - Capability Development Panel
- Panel provider (supplier) area
- Recruitment Services and Solutions