Working in teams
Last updated: 27 Apr 2017
This page is: current
Suitable for: APS-EL
Duration: 1-day workshop
Venue: APS Learning Centre, Canberra
Price: $675.00 (excl. GST)
Dates: 1 May 2018 (Canberra)
Registration: Online Registration Service
*This program is also delivered 'in agency'. For more information regarding terms and conditions, please contact AgencyTraining@apsc.gov.au.
Program rating from recent participants:
- 96% said the program was valuable in developing their capability.
- 86% said it was worth their investment of time and effort.
You may also like:
NOTE: Working in teams is a pre-requisite for the APS Building and leading high performing teams program.
Team development and the value of teams in the workplace are explored in-depth. Examine how specific team roles add to team effectiveness and examine your team role preferences. Build an understanding of different working and communicating styles. Walk away with a personalised development plan you can use when participating in teams.
On completion of this program you will be able to:
- Recognise your own strengths, capabilities and attributes and how these can contribute to effective team interactions.
- Foster and enhance a positive and inclusive team environment.
- Apply principles of team dynamics.
- Position yourself to contribute to a high-performing APS by being an effective team member.
- Phase 1 - Pre–workshop materials for self-directed learning.
- Phase 2 - One-day workshop.
- Phase 3 - Personal learning action plan to continue learning in the workplace.