Building relationships and engagement
Last updated: 02 Mar 2018
This page is: current
Suitable for: APS-EL
Duration: 1-day workshop
Venue: To be confirmed
Price: $675.00 (excl. GST)
Dates: 19 March 2018 (Canberra), 30 May 2018 (Canberra)
Registration: APS Learn
*This program is also delivered 'in agency'. For more information regarding terms and conditions, please contact AgencyTraining@apsc.gov.au.
You may also like:
Identify and examine internal and external work relationships, their relevance and the importance of achieving mutual success. Aspects of self-awareness, personal effectiveness and maintaining productive relationships – even during the difficult times are explored. Share and develop good ways to plan for and participate in meetings.
On completion of this program, participants will be able (or better be able) to:
- Describe the benefits of building relationships and engagement to the work of the APS.
- Demonstrate commitment to working flexibly with a diversity of individuals and communication styles.
- Contribute to an open, collective working environment within and between teams and agencies.
- Communicate effectively with a range of internal and external contacts.
- Apply a range of methods and tools for building effective relationships and engagement.
- Phase 1 - Pre-workshop activities to analyse the nature and types of relationships you have and your role.
- Phase 2 - One-day facilitated workshop.
- Phase 3 - On-the-job activities and advice to get from your supervisor.