Regulatory practitioners and managers
Last updated: 24 Apr 2018
This page is: current
Suitable for: APS 6-EL 2
Duration: e-learning, 2-day workshop and post-workshop activities
Venue: APS Learning Centre, Canberra
Price: $1325.00 (excl. GST)
Dates: 4-5 June 2018 (Canberra), 8-9 November 2018 (Canberra)
Registration: APS Learn
*This program is also delivered 'in agency'. For more information regarding terms and conditions, please contact AgencyTraining@apsc.gov.au.
In this program you will develop a shared understanding of regulatory language and concepts, leading to a common body of knowledge to better provide advice and guidance across a range of regulatory activities. This will see greater efficiency and effectiveness of regulatory activities and interventions across the APS, through improved connectivity between the various regulatory functions, roles and activities, across the regulatory spectrum. Through an exploration of contemporary regulatory theory and applied learning experiences, you will learn how to improve connectivity and interoperability between different regulatory and non-regulatory agencies.
- Provide advice and guidance that is clear and consistent through effective communication.
- Make decisions on approvals and licences that are timely, transparent and consistent.
- Monitor the compliance of regulatory decisions.
- Enforce regulatory decisions by using tools that are suitable and proportionate to different types of non-compliance.
- Phase 1 - Two e-learning modules to be completed prior to the workshop.
- Phase 2 - One-day facilitated workshop.
- Phase 3 - Application and reinforcement using on-the-job activities.