Financial management and budgeting
Last updated: 27 Apr 2017
This page is: current
Suitable for: EL2-SES
Duration: e-learning, two-day workshop and post-workshop activities
Venue: APS Learning Centre, Canberra
Price: $675.00 (excl. GST)
Dates: 25 May 2018 (Canberra)
Registration: Online Registration Service
*This program is also delivered 'in agency'. For more information regarding terms and conditions, please contact AgencyTraining@apsc.gov.au.
This program aims to provide operational and line managers with the skills to manage day-to-day activities and outcomes within a budget.
On completion of this program, a participant will be able to or better able to:
- identify and explain the parts of the Commonwealth Resource Management framework that are relevant for financial management and budgeting
- explain the parts of the Commonwealth budget process that are relevant for financial management and budgeting
- discuss the individual agency factors that impact the framing of the line area budget
- explain the principles of good financial management and budgeting
- plan and develop appropriate line area budgets
- successfully manage and monitor line area budgets
- explain the budget reporting requirements for agency line area managers.
- Phase 1 - Self-directed e-learning
- Phase 2 - Two-day workshop
- Phase 3 - Personal learning action plan to continue learning in the workplace.