Last updated: 27 Apr 2017
This page is: current
Suitable for: All levels (particular relevance to supervisors with performance management responsibilities.)
Duration: e-learning and 2-day workshop
Venue: APS Learning Centre, Canberra
Price: $1325.00 (excl. GST)
Dates: 21-22 May 2018 (Canberra)
Registration: Online Registration Service
*This program is also delivered 'in agency'. For more information regarding terms and conditions, please contact AgencyTraining@apsc.gov.au.
Program rating from recent participants:
- 89% said the program was valuable in developing their capability.
- 100% said it was worth their investment of time and effort.
You may also like:
Examine the legislative framework and best practice APS Performance Management Model. Aspects covered include the tools for performance management monitoring, review and evaluation, identifying employee development and support needs, providing constructive feedback on performance, and managing levels of performance (including high and under performance). Complete practical activities to identify what works and discuss with others why performance management needs to be meaningful to supervisors, employees, and the government.
- Understand the link between employee tasks and business outcomes in order to create meaningful and personalised performance agreements.
- Use performance management and organisational tools to monitor, review and evaluate performance.
- Apply performance management practices that reflect the legislative framework and best practice APS Performance Management Model.
- Phase 1 - Self-directed e-learning.
- Phase 2 - Two-day workshop.
- Phase 3 - Post workshop activities to continue learning in the workplace.