Improving analytical and critical reasoning
Last updated: 24 Apr 2018
This page is: current
Suitable for: APS - EL (Recommended target audience may vary outside the ACT)
Duration: Pre-workshop reading, 2-day workshop and post-workshop activities
Venue: APS Learning Centre, Canberra
Price: $1325.00 (excl. GST)
Dates: 16–17 May 2018 (Canberra), 26-27 June 2018 (Canberra), 7–8 August 2018 (Canberra), 7–8 November 2018 (Canberra)
Registration: APS Learn
*This program is also delivered 'in agency'. For more information regarding terms and conditions, please contact AgencyTraining@apsc.gov.au .
Program rating from recent participants:
- 100% said the program was valuable in developing their capability.
- 85% said it was worth their investment of time and effort.
You may also like:
Learn how to apply an analytical and critical reasoning framework designed specifically for use in the APS and expand your understanding about how you think. Practical activities in this course relate to analytical and critical reasoning and help you identify styles and habits. Improve how you undertake analysis and critical reasoning.
On completion of this program, you will be able (or better able) to:
- Practice metacognition techniques to critically examine own thought processes.
- Discriminate and choose from a variety of thinking approaches, processes and other frameworks to support objectives across a range of APS contexts.
- Contribute to an environment that values and promotes the improvement of ACR within the APS.
- Plan, monitor and direct thoughts to work in an analytical way to reach a desired outcome or results.
This program consists of three phases:
- Phase 1 – Targeted reading and reflection activities
- Phase 2 – Two-day facilitated workshop to build skills and knowledge
- Phase 3 – Application and reinforcement of on-the-job activities.