Briefing and responding to APS decision-makers, ministers, and parliament
Last updated: 27 Apr 2017
This page is: current
Suitable for: APS 5 - EL 2
Pre-requisite: The first activity must be completed prior to attending this course. This will be emailed to participants two weeks out from the session.
Duration: Reading, activities and 1-day workshop
Venue: APS Learning Centre, Canberra
Price: $675.00 (excl. GST)
Dates: 9 April 2018 (Canberra)
Registration: Online Registration Service
*This program is also delivered 'in agency'. For more information regarding terms and conditions, please contact AgencyTraining@apsc.gov.au.
Note: This program will benefit those charged with preparing briefs for government.
Program rating from recent participants:
- 94% said the program was valuable in developing their capability.
- 94% said it was worth their investment of time and effort.
You may also like:
This program takes an in-depth look at decision-making and covers the skills required to design, develop and deliver a briefing. Understand the development and role of question time briefs, ministerial talking points for media engagements, ministerial advisor briefings, hot issues briefings, ministerial submissions and second reading speeches. Experience 'real-life' briefing scenarios that simulate the high-pressure and stakes of a government briefing. Learn effective briefing techniques and workshop approaches that build relationships with senior APS decision-makers, ministers and advisers.
- Learn the needs of APS decision-makers, ministers and advisers and how to manage those relationships.
- Recognise and present crucial information.
- Create quality and timely briefs in the workplace.
- Phase 1 - Learning guide with background reading and activities
- Phase 2 - One day facilitated workshop
- Phase 3 - Apply learning from Phase 1 and 2 in the workplace.