Report writing in the APS
Last updated: 27 Apr 2017
This page is: current
Suitable for: APS 5 - EL 1
Duration: 1-day workshop
Venue: APS Learning Centre, Canberra
Price: $675.00 (excl. GST)
Dates: 15 March 2018 (Canberra), 6 June 2018 (Canberra)
Registration: Online Registration Service
This program covers the processes for writing reports that adhere to the Commonwealth writing style. Learn to produce documents that have scope, effective research, are organised and interpret information well. Follow the established structures of good executive summaries, clear findings and easy-to-understand conclusions and recommendations.
This workshop will equip participants with improved skills and knowledge to:
- Plan and scope reports in line with purpose and reader.
- Structure and organise content logically to support reader understanding.
- Identify, collect and document relevant information from internal and external sources.
- Draft clear and concise content in line with plain English principles and the Commonwealth Writing Style Manual.
- Present detail in an appropriate format, to support reader understanding.
- Draft clear recommendations aligned to findings and report purpose.
- Identify meaningful executive summary content that supports reader understanding.
- Revise reports for accuracy and quality.
- Explain benefits of constructive feedback on report writing quality and team capability.
- One-day workshop.