Professional representational skills
Last updated: 24 Apr 2018
This page is: current
Suitable for: APS 4 - EL 2
Duration: 1-day workshop
Venue: Centre for Leadership and Learning, Canberra
Price: $675.00 (excl. GST)
Dates: 1 May 2018 (Canberra), 25 October 2018 (Canberra)
Registration: APS Learn
You may also like:
This program covers the basics of representation in the workplace. Understand the protocols and etiquette of representation and develop motivation and confidence in representing your agency. Importantly, examine the handling of sensitive information and the benefits of including cultural and linguistic diversity.
As a result of the program, participants will be able to:
- Use improved representation and communication techniques.
- Identify what the client needs, and respond to that need effectively.
- Establish key messages and communicate them clearly.
- Handle issues and objections positively and efficiently.
- Use your voice effectively in a pressured environment.
- Build rapport with clients.
- Provide solutions that give the agency and the client the best outcome.
- Protect and preserve your organisation’s reputation.
Most of these skills you will learn through practical exercises, case studies, in groups and one-on-one. You can refer to this manual for the theory behind it all.
- Pre-workshop activity to identify your agency's role and responsibilities and the role you play in meeting these responsibilities.
- One-day workshop.