Last updated: 24 Apr 2018
This page is: current
Suitable for: APS - EL
Duration: 1-day workshop
Venue: APS Learning Centre, Canberra
Price: $675.00 (excl. GST)
Dates: 21 May 2018 (Canberra), 6 August 2018 (Canberra), 5 November 2018 (Canberra)
Registration: APS Learn
This is a practical and participative program to build confidence in giving presentations. Examine the learning techniques, structures and elements that create and deliver good presentations. Learn how to present with confidence and make use of that nervous energy. Use a step-by-step plan to create presentations and use visual aids to make the content memorable and engaging. Try your hand at presenting to a small group and receive advice and constructive feedback.
This workshop will equip participants with the ability to:
- Plan, design and deliver effective presentations that will engage your audience.
- Develop influential public speaking & facilitation skills for a range of audiences.
- Prepare and use visual aids effectively and confidently.
- Speak in prepared and impromptu speaking situations.
- Manage follow-up questions and discussions.
The workshop is filled with suggestions, ideas and insights that will assist participants to develop their own personal presentation and facilitation styles. It uses a highly interactive approach, with participants given the opportunity to make several short presentations and workshop deliveries.
- Pre-workshop questionnaire to identify the types of presentations you are required to deliver and any challenges you face in giving presentations.
- Pre-workshop reading and analysis of presentation techniques and styles.
- One-day workshop.