The Australian Public Service Commission supports the recruitment, development and career progression of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples in the APS by implementing the APS Indigenous Employment Strategy.
Indigenous pathways: APS career opportunities for Indigenous Australians
The Commission works in partnership with APS agencies to provide employment opportunities for Indigenous Australians. Applications for the 2014 Intake of the APS Indigenous Pathways Programs for Indigenous Graduates, Cadets and Trainees have now closed.
Public calling bulletin
The Public Calling Bulletin is provided as a news resource to all APS employees interested in Indigenous APS employment.
Indigenous Employment HR Forum
The Indigenous Employment HR Forum is for HR practitioners who have responsibility for Indigenous employment in their agency. Forums are held quarterly and planned dates are as follows:
- 5 September
- 28 November
Contact the Indigenous Liaison Officer: firstname.lastname@example.org
Indigenous APS Employees forums
The APS Indigenous Employee Forums are forums that are being held across Australia to explore issues affecting Indigenous employees in the workplace. The forums are forward-looking, challenging Indigenous employees to contribute ideas and strategies to reduce high separation rates. The current forums also offer participants the opportunity to contribute to the development of the APS Cultural Competence Framework and to discuss ways in which Indigenous employees can network and support each other locally.
Forums are being held annually and planned dates for 2013 are as follows:
- Townsville -18 July 2013
- Sydney - 25 July 2013
- Canberra - 29 July 2013
- Melbourne - 31 July 2013
Contact the Indigenous Liaison Officers: email@example.com
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander APS Employees census report
- APS Indigenous Pathways programs: APS career opportunities for Indigenous Australians
- ARCHIVE: Circular 2010/4: Revision of Special Measures and Identified Positions/Criteria provisions
- ARCHIVE: More than a job: Indigenous Australian Public Service careers
- Attraction and retention of diverse staff
- Building an Indigenous Employment Strategy kit
- Indigenous employment contact information
- Indigenous employment strategy 2012-16
- Jawun Indigenous Community Secondment Program