APS Statistical Bulletin December 2016 released
Last updated: 31 Mar 2017
This page is: current
The Commission publishes comprehensive data on the APS twice a year. The APS Statistical Bulletin December 2016 presents a summary of employment under the Public Service Act 1999 at 30 December 2016 and for the preceding year. The Bulletin also includes summary data for the past 15 years.
Information from this year's Bulletin includes:
- Over the past year, the representation of Indigenous Australians increased from 3.0 per cent to 3.2 per cent.
- The representation of employees with a disability has remained the same, at 3.7 per cent.
- There have been overall increases in the number of ongoing and non-ongoing APS employees in the past year.
- The average age of all employees in the APS was 43.2 years—44.0 for men and 42.5 for women.
- Women accounted for 59.0 per cent of all employees—up from 58.7 per cent a year ago.
- 37.5 per cent of all employees were located in the ACT.
- At 31 December 2016, there were 153,421 APS employees. This is an increase of 1,684 employees, or 1.1 per cent from 31 December 2015.