Recruitment guidelines launched
The APS Recruitment Guidelines (the guidelines) are now available on the Australian Public Service Commission website. The guidelines have been designed to provide APS recruiters at all levels with a best practice guide to support the good work already taking place across agencies.
The overarching goal of the guidelines is to provide a resource that is easy to use, practical and explains the recruitment process.
The key aims of the guidelines are:
- ensure the principle of merit is upheld
- dispel some widespread myths about the recruitment process
- build capacity
- encourage agencies to consider alternative recruitment processes
- introduce performance measures
- provide a foundation for agency policy and practice.
Also available is the Manager’s Toolkit (the toolkit) which is a component of the APS Recruitment Guidelines that has been developed to provide a range of tools and resources to further assist managers through the recruitment process.
The toolkit includes:
- Information sheets which provide background information, good practice advice, examples and links to further information on a range of recruitment topics
- Templates and checklists that provide examples of forms, correspondence, and reports that agencies may wish to incorporate into their recruitment processes
- Agency case studies to share innovative recruitment practice being trialled by agencies across the APS.