APSjobs website upgraded
- The upgraded APSjobs site has new features that make it easier to find out about and apply for jobs in the Australian Public Service
- Jobs are posted on a daily basis and email alerts sent to your inbox
- 60% of jobs in the APS are located outside of the ACT
The Australian Public Service Commission, managers of the Australian Public Service Jobs board APSjobs, recently upgraded the site to meet the changing needs of applicants and more effectively promote the range of permanent and temporary employment opportunities available in the APS.
Initially released in 2006, APSjobs.gov.au is the site where APS departments and organisations are required to post certain employment notices, to ensure that all Australians have the opportunity to apply for jobs.
Since then there have been big changes in recruitment, search and job board technologies and how applicants find jobs, and the upgrade is designed to meet these changing requirements.
The new site includes new features such as:
- new look and feel with improved navigation and usable from mobile devices
- content related to the diversity of opportunities available
- an updated daily jobs email service
- the ability to find jobs sorted by APS Careers – Economics and Finance, ICT, Legal, Science and Health, Project Management etc
- potential graduates learn about the diversity of programs in the APS
- a calendar of careers/tertiary events around the country
- agency videos, profiles and employee stories on APSjobsTV
- links to APS organisation graduate programs
- aasy to use from mobile devices
These new features will enable potential employees to find relevant graduate programs, jobs and organisations in the one site, avoiding the need to visit numerous sites to source the relevant information.
To find out more, go to www.apsjobs.gov.au