Heads of Corporate forum
Target audience: Heads of Corporate areas
Venue: Boathouse by the Lake (ACT)
The Heads of Corporate (HoC) Forum is a vehicle for thought leadership in human resources. It provides an opportunity for HR leaders to discuss current and emerging issues, to share results and lessons from HR activities as well as to explore HR activities that are consistent with best practice.
Membership to the forum is open to SES level Heads of Corporate (or the senior decision maker for the organisation on HR matters and other Corporate services) in both APS and non-APS agencies.
The objectives of the HoC Forum are to:
- identify for discussion, significant issues around APS direction and events
- allow for an open flow of ideas
- facilitate opportunities to develop peer relationships across the APS.
The HoC Forum provides:
- a forum where the latest human resources research can be introduced and discussed
- a place for problem solving, knowledge creation and sharing, where best practice and innovative ideas can be tested
- an opportunity for each of the member agencies to periodically present case studies and make presentations on how particular HR related issues are being addressed within their organisation.
The forum is held four times a year in Canberra and is hosted by the Deputy Commissioner.
The Strategic Communications Team liaises with members when developing the agenda for each forum, which is closely aligned to blueprint and best practice projects.
A summary of the forum, action items and presentations (where appropriate) are circulated to all members following the event.