Information Publication Scheme (IPS)
The Australian Public Service Commission (APSC) is an agency subject to the Freedom of Information Act 1982 (FOI Act) and is required to comply with the Information Publication Scheme (IPS) requirements.
The information on this page shows how the APSC proposes to do this, as required by s 8(1) of the FOI Act.
The APSC is currently undertaking a review of its website and links on this page will change as a result. As part of its commitment to the IPS the APSC will ensure that all links are current.
Information Publication Plan (IPP)
The IPP describes how the APSC proposes to implement and administer the IPS in respect of its own information holdings.
As part of meeting the requirements of the IPP the following links are provided:
Agency plan (ss 8(2)(a)
Who we are (ss 8(2)(b) and 8(2)(d))
- Appointment and biographical details of the Australian Public Service Commissioner
- Appointment and biographical details of the Australian Merit Protection Commissioner
- Organisation chart and functional information
- Strategic Directions 2011-14
- Enterprise Agreement 2011-14
- Fraud control plan
- Multicultural plan 2013-15
- Reconciliation action plan
- Procedures for determining breaches of the Code of Conduct and for determining sanction
- Workplace diversity plan - including you
What we do (ss 8(2)(c) and 8(2)(j))
Information on the APSC is available from the following sources:
- Public Service Act 1999
- Functions and decision making powers of the Australian Public Service Commissioner
- Functions and decision making powers of the Australian Merit Protection Commissioner
Our reports and responses to Parliament (ss 8(2)(e) and 8(2)(h))
The Public Service Commissioner provides the following reports to Parliament:
- The Public Service Commissioners Annual Report 2011-12 (ss 41 and 63 of the Public Service Act 1999 (PS Act)). This report includes the annual report of the Merit Protection Commissioner, as required by section 51 of the PS Act
- The State of the Service report 2011-12 (s 44 of the PS Act)
Routinely requested information and disclosure log (ss 8(2)(g) and 11C)
The Public Service Commissioner and the Merit Protection Commissioner are required by the Freedom of Information Act 1982 s 11C to publish a disclosure log on the Australian Public Service Commission’s website. The disclosure log lists information which has been released in response to an FOI access request. This requirement has applied since 1 May 2011.
Consultation arrangements (s 8(2)(f))
The Commission has a commitment to consult broadly on issues related to its functions. At present membership of these forums is currently restricted to agency and/or program representatives.
Where consultative forums are open to public consultation they will be advised on the Commission website including this page.
Our priorities (s 8(4))
The 2011 Strategic Plan is available at strategic-directions-2011-14.
Our finances (s 8(4))
Our Annual Report includes financial and staffing information. Go to:
- Annual Report 2011-12/Financial statements for staffing information including remuneration
- Annual Report 2011-12/Financial statements for information about our financial performance
- Annual Report 2011-12/Financial statements for our financial statements
- Legal services expenditure
Our Portfolio Budget Statement is available from the Department of the Prime Minister and Cabinet website.
Contact us (s 8(2)(i)).
For information relating to the IPS please contatct:
Phone: 02 6202 3557
For information relating to freedom of information requests please contact:
Phone: 02 6202 3571