How to search for jobs to which the RecruitAbility scheme applies:
- Go to the APSjobs.gov.au Quick Search page
- Select the ‘RecruitAbility’ tickbox
- Click ‘Search’
- A list of jobs will appear.
RecruitAbility facilitates the progression of applicants with disability to further assessment in APS recruitment exercises, such as interview, when they opt into the scheme and meet the minimum requirements for the position. The intent of the scheme is to better support the APS employment of people with disability. It aims to build the confidence and capability of the job applicant pool, while simultaneously improving the ability of selection panel members to assess the merits of applicants with disability
The following agencies are involved in the pilot:
- Department of Health;
- Department of Human Services;
- Department of Defence;
- Australian Taxation Office;
- Department of Employment;
- Department of Education;
- Department of Social Services;
- Department of Immigration and Border Protection;
- Attorney-General’s Department;
- Fair Work Ombudsman;
- National Disability Insurance Agency;
- Department of Infrastructure and Regional Development;
- Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade; and the
- Australian Public Service Commission.
Vacancies that are covered by the scheme will be clearly identified.