As One portal
As One – Australian Public Service (APS) Disability Employment Strategy is the APS’ response to the National Disability Strategy (NDS) launched in 2011.
As One aims to strengthen the APS to be a progressive and sustainable employer of people with disability. It also aims to improve the experience of people with disability in the APS. As One is being implemented over a two year period from 2012 – 2014, and has been designed around four themes:
- Fostering inclusive cultures
- Increasing agency demand for candidates with disability
- Improving recruitment processes to enable more candidates with disability to enter the APS
- Improving leadership across the APS.
The Strategy includes a supplement, A Guide to Effective Influencing. This guide is aimed mainly at human resources practitioners and offers a comprehensive approach to influencing key decision-makers.
Progress on As One initiatives
The commission will regularly update this website with details on the progress of the As One initiatives. An initiatives progress report is available here.
In addition to the web version of As One, you can access it in other common formats:
- As One – Australian Public Service Disability Employment Strategy
- Hardcopy Braille or other alternative formats on request.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for if you wish to obtain an alternate format.