The Australian Public Service Commission supports the recruitment, development and career progression of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples in the APS by implementing the APS Indigenous Employment Strategy.
Indigenous pathways: APS career opportunities for Indigenous Australians
The Commission works in partnership with APS agencies to provide employment opportunities for Indigenous Australians. Applications for the 2014 Intake of the APS Indigenous Pathways Programs for Indigenous Graduates, Cadets and Trainees have now closed.
Public calling bulletin
The Public Calling Bulletin is provided as a news resource to all APS employees interested in Indigenous APS employment.
Indigenous Employment HR Forum
The Indigenous Employment HR Forum is for HR practitioners who have responsibility for Indigenous employment in their agency. Forums are held quarterly and planned dates are as follows:
- 6 June
- 5 September
- 28 November
Contact the Indigenous Liaison Officer: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander APS Employees census report
- APS Indigenous Pathways programs: APS career opportunities for Indigenous Australians
- ARCHIVE: More than a job: Indigenous Australian Public Service careers
- Attraction and retention of diverse staff
- Building an Indigenous Employment Strategy kit
- Circular 2010/4: Revision of Special Measures and Identified Positions/Criteria provisions
- Indigenous employment contact information
- Indigenous employment strategy 2012-16
- Jawun Indigenous Community Secondment Program