About the organisation
Last updated: 06 Jan 2016
This page is: current
The Australian Public Service Commission is a non-corporate Commonwealth entity within the Prime Minister and Cabinet portfolio.
Our Statutory responsibilities are detailed in the Public Service Act 1999 and include to:
- develop, promote, review and evaluate APS employment policies and practices
- facilitate continuous improvement in people management throughout the APS
- contribute to learning and development and career management
- contribute to and foster leadership in the APS
- provide advice and assistance on public service matters to entities
- promote high standards of integrity and conduct in the APS.
The APSC also provides resources to support the Merit Protection Commissioner.
We operate under the Public Governance, Performance and Accountability Act 2013.
We employ around 200 staff, and have offices in Canberra, Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane.