Indigenous employment contact information
Last updated: 22 Jan 2016
This page is: current
Within the APSC's Indigenous Employment Team, Indigenous Liaison Officer (ILOs) also have a key role to support Indigenous employees already in the APS. This can range from advice about employment conditions, processes and workplace issues, to supporting and/or informing agency Indigenous employee networks. The ILOs also coordinate annual cross APS network forums in 10 locations across Australia.
The ILOs also provide support to agencies including:
- advice to managers about managing Indigenous staff;
- advice to Human Resource practitioners about developing agency specific Indigenous Employment Strategies;
- advice to Human Resource areas about recruitment of Indigenous staff including 'Identified' positions, 'Special Measures' positions and proof of Aboriginality;
- assistance with selection exercises;
- presentations about Indigenous employment issues to staff networks, managers and
- advice about learning and development options.
The Indigenous Liaison Officer can be contacted at IndigenousLiaisonOfficer@apsc.gov.au or 1300 656 009.